Marzee is a web development agency architecting, designing and building impactful web experiences. We empower organisations around the world by providing solid tech support and business vision. We are proud to be in the frontier of technology and to be able to guide our clients towards the future of digital transformation.
Since 2012, we have been working with companies and organisations all around the world in the development of web applications and platforms and in the evolution of their digital portfolio. We work with startups like Clutch, Curelator Inc and Discriminology as well as with international organisations such as the United Nations, ARTE.TV and the European Forest Institute.
We are a small team of passionate people striving to impact people's lives. We love working on projects that make us feel we are doing something that matters to someone. We believe in the potential of people and we seek out well-rounded professionals that want to have the chance to learn something new every day and help organisations around the world to have an impact.
Life comes before work and we make sure all of our employees find the right balance between work and personal life. We will make sure you take time for your hobbies and side projects. You will also be able to choose the best place to work from, let it be your home, cafes or coworking spaces.
Our tech stack
We work with different technologies depending on each one of the project’s goals and needs. In general, we have been working with the following:
- PHP based Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (with a focus on serverless), Netlify, Platformsh, Vercel and others.
- API development through various frameworks, with emphasis on RestAPI and GraphQL
As part of our team, you will
- Take part in cool, big, international and technically interesting projects.
- Collaborate in a team environment that is remotely distributed.
- Work closely with external development teams to help steer the technical direction of the projects Marzee is involved in.
- Work side by side with our Tech Lead in code-reviews, technical architecture and infrastructure setup.
- Plan and build Serverless infrastructures for the projects Marzee is involved in.
- Learn how to be a better developer, way beyond the code you produce.
- Explore exciting new web technologies, outside of the scope of client work, and bring back value to the team and to the community.
- Attend events, meetups and conferences.
Quality is key for us and we are looking for someone that has the following set of skills and experience:
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and get involved deeply.
- Experience in programming and software development.
- Passion for clean, high quality, maintainable and performant code.
- A curious nature and a desire to stay up to date with the newest web development technologies and approaches.
- HTML5 and CSS3 fundamentals for proper markup (cross-browser).
- PHP programming knowledge.
- Self-motivation and working independently, but also good at collaboration, decision making and working with others.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written at a high level in English.
What we seek as a bonus:
- Database (MySQL, GraphQL) administration.
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Netlify, platform.sh)
- An “eye” for design.
- Experience working in Agile Environment.
- Continuous integration & delivery (CD/CI).
We treat our team very well
- Flexible schedule: life comes before work - we all have family, hobbies and side projects.
- We measure work in goals and quality of delivery, not in the number of hours you are sitting in front of your computer.
- We value your growth, this is why learning time is important to us as part of your work.
- We will be sending you to conferences and off-sites amongst other goodies.
- We value diversity in the Marzee team (see our manifesto).
- The salary range goes from €25k to €32k and it will depend on your experience.
- We have a flexible vacation policy.
- You will be able to join us at the coolest coworking spaces in Portugal or work from Home or even adopt a Hybrid approach. It’s up to you.
Are we fit for each other?
Let us know a little bit more about you. Please drop us a message at email@example.com with the subject line "Senior Full-stack Engineer".
In your application email, as well as attaching your CV, please also answer the following questions:
- Your favourite tech for the web.
- Your IDE/editor of choice, and broadly your typical development tools/environment.
- The operating system you use the most.
- What areas of your current skills you are most interested in improving/developing.
- Why do you want to work with us?
- Available start date.
- Salary expectations.
Applications should be received by 21/01/2022.
Successful applicants will have a remote (skype/hangout) interview.
Ideal start date: February 2022, but we can wait for you if you're the right fit.