We are Marzee Labs and we make big, challenging projects thrive. Our area of focus is the web or anything that lives online. We started off in 2012, and are now operating in Porto and Setúbal (both in Portugal) and London (United Kingdom), too.
We are proud to bring top-notch technical skills to big, international projects, as well as to Open Source technologies, contributing, participating, and getting involved first-hand with the community.
Our flows have been welcomed in big companies in countries such as France, Germany, UK, US, Spain, Portugal and Belgium.
Our clients range from CRG (European research centre in Barcelona), ARTE (franco-german television) to BEN (product placement giant), not forgetting online whisky shops and conference websites. We also collaborate with local entities, such as Universidade Católica, and happily participate in smaller scale projects.
Our vision is to embrace any challenging work that breathes Web. We do not snob any project, but we always seek to get involved in projects that are impactful for our clients and interesting for us. We fully commit to making things work, always with the highest tech standards and top quality services.
In parallel, we run our own little "Labs" (as our name says) where we learn new tech, share interesting intel with the team, test concepts and create new products, all of it bringing value to the company, but also - and especially - all the people that are part of us, as individuals.
As we expand, we need more talented, exciting people to join us.
We are looking for a full-time business manager to join our distributed team (in Porto or Setúbal) to work and grow with us, by working on large-scale technical projects as well as interesting indie projects that we help turn into success.
What you will be doing:
- Team facilitating. Working closely with the development teams and management to help optimise the business perspective of the projects Marzee Labs are involved in.
- Project management. We take the non-technical aspect of projects very seriously. We always run the extra mile while keeping client communication very transparent, and this is why we keep our quality top-notch.
- Business development. Whether it means expanding our client base, performing some data analysis, upgrading our processes, or bringing to the table other cool side-projects you think we should have.
- Company positioning. We get our hands on big, cool projects and important clients, and we always contribute back to the community. Somehow we don't share it with well in our channels - we are looking to improve our public communication.
- Performance optimisation. So we can find exciting ways to evolve the very special web team we are, including outside of the scope of client work, and bringing back value to the team.
- All this while...
- Taking part in cool, big, international and technically interesting projects.
- Learning how to be a better business developer, way beyond the typical sales leads.
Are we fit for each other?
Quality is key for us
This is what we are expecting from your side:
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and get involved deeply.
- Experience in business development and project management (can be a degree or a pet project).
- Interest (and experience?) in technical projects and web savvy.
- Self-motivation and working independently, but also good at collaboration, taking direction and working with others.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written at a high level in English.
We value extra miles
What we seek as added bonus:
- Fast learner and generally on top of your game.
- Self-organised and accountable person.
- Give honest and direct feedback on everything.
- An “eye” for product design.
- SCRUM experience.
- Super bonus: tried to code once.
We treat our team very well
Working with Marzee Labs is rewarding is many aspects:
- Flexible schedule: life comes before work - we all have family, hobbies and side projects.
- We measure work in goals and quality of delivery, not in the number of hours you are sitting in front of your computer.
- Salary will depend on your experience, but we always make sure you can live comfortably.
- We value your growth, this is why learning time is important to us as part of your work.
- You are not alone - we work from the coolest coworking spaces in town and we have a spot for you.
- We will be sending you to conferences and off-sites amongst other goodies.
- We respect and value diversity in Marzee Labs team (see our involvement in http://portuguesewomenintech.com/).
First off - STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested, we want to know a little bit more about you. In your application email, as well attaching your CV, please also answer the following questions :
- What type of projects you've been involved with. Send us some URLs that showcase it.
- From this description, what do you think your job looks like on a daily basis?
- What areas of your current skills you are most interested in improving/developing.
- Why do you want to work with us.
- If you could hire one person to work with you, who would it be and why.
- Have a CV? Please attach it; if not - tell us why you don’t have one.
- Your typical or favourite work tools/environment.
- The operating system you use the most.
- Available start date.
- Salary expectations.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Enthusiastic Business Manager".
Applications should be received by end of play 08/01/2018, successful applicants will have a remote (skype/hangout) interview shortly after that with a final in-person interview at our offices.
Ideal start date: January 2018, but we can wait for you if you're the right fit.