We are Marzee Labs and we make big, challenging projects thrive. Our area of focus is the web, or anything that lives online. We started off in 2012, and are now operating in Porto and Setúbal (both in Portugal) and London (United Kingdom), too.
We are proud to bring top notch technical skills to big, international projects, as well as to Open Source technologies, contributing, participating, and getting involved first-hand with the community.
Our flows have been welcomed in big companies in countries such as France, Germany, UK, US, Spain, Portugal and Belgium.
Our clients range from CRG (European research center in Barcelona), ARTE (franco-german television) to BEN (product placement giant), not forgetting online whisky shops and conference websites. We also collaborate with local entities, such as Universidade Católica, and happily participate in smaller scale projects.
Our vision is to embrace any challenging work that breathes Web. We do not snob any project, but we always seek to get involved in projects that are impactful for our clients and interesting for us. We fully commit to make things work, always with the highest tech standards and top quality services.
In parallel, we run our own little "Labs" (as our name says) where we learn new tech, share interesting intel with the team, test concepts and create new products, all of it bringing value to the company, but also - and especially - all the people that are part of us, as individuals.
As we expand, we need more talented, exciting people to join us.
We are looking for a full time, web developer to join our distributed team [in Porto or Setúbal] to work and grow with us, by working on large-scale technical projects as well as periodic releases and other technical matters with talented folks.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with external development teams and management to help steer the technical direction of the projects Marzee Labs are involved in.
- Taking part in cool, big, international and technically interesting projects.
- Learning how to be a better developer, way beyond the code you produce.
- Exploring exciting new web technologies, outside of the scope of client work, and bringing back value to the team.
Are we fit for each other?
Quality is key for us
This is what we are expecting from your side:
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and get involved deeply.
- Experience in programming and software development (can be a degree or a pet project).
- Interest (and experience?) in Open Source projects and development.
- Self-motivation and working independently, but also good at collaboration, taking direction and working with others.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written at high level in English.
We value extra miles
What we seek as added bonus:
- HTML5 and CSS3 fundamentals for proper markup (cross browser).
- PHP programming knowledge/experience.
- Cloud knowledge, devops interests, etc.
- Database (MySQL) administration.
- An “eye” for design.
- SCRUM experience.
- Super bonus: some Drupal knowledge
We treat our team very well
Working with Marzee Labs is rewarding is many aspects:
- Flexible schedule: life comes before work - we all have family, hobbies and side projects.
- We measure work in goals and quality of delivery, not in the amount of hours you are sitting in front of your computer.
- Salary will depend on your experience, but we always make sure you can live comfortably.
- We value your growth, this is why learning time is important to us as part of your work.
- You are not alone - we work from the coolest coworking spaces in town and we have a spot for you.
- We will be sending you to conferences, and off-sites amongst other goodies.
- We respect and value diversity in Marzee Labs team (see our involvment in http://portuguesewomenintech.com/).
First off - STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested, we want to know a little bit more about you. In your application email, as well attaching your CV, please also answer the following questions :
- A sample website you've built / been involved with.
- Your favourite tech for the web.
- Your IDE/editor of choice, and broadly your typical development tools / environment.
- The operating system you use the most.
- What areas of your current skills you are most interested in improving/developing.
- Why do you want to work with us?
- Your favourite JS framework.
- What do you think about JAM stack architecture?
- Available start date.
- Salary expectations.
Please send your applications to email@example.com with the subject line "Enthusiastic developer".
Applications should be received by end of play 24/07/2017, successful applicants will have a remote (skype/hangout) interview shortly after that with a final in-person interview at our offices.
Ideal start date: 1st of August 2017.